- Swiss voters 'reject fair food plans' September 23, 2018Initial projections suggest Swiss voters have rejected two proposals on ethical and sustainable food.
- Iran's Rouhani fumes at US after Ahvaz parade attack September 23, 2018President Rouhani says Gulf States, backed by the US, enabled the deadly gun attack that killed 25.
- Nigerian pirates kidnap 12 crew from Swiss cargo ship September 23, 2018Shipping firm Massoel says pirates boarded a cargo ship and kidnapped 12 people in the Niger Delta.
- Rare double-headed snake found in garden in Virginia September 23, 2018The rare copperhead was discovered in a garden in Virginia and is unlikely to survive in the wild.
- Australia fruit scare: Needles found in New Zealand strawberries September 23, 2018The Australian scare over needles in strawberries spreads as needles are found in Auckland fruit.
- Will 'Modicare' be a success in India? September 23, 2018India has launched its new flagship health insurance scheme, dubbed "Modicare".
- Maldives election: Votes cast in controversial poll September 23, 2018The island nation's Chinese-backed leader seeks another five-year term, with India watching closely.
- Abhilash Tomy: Rescue mission to reach injured Indian sailor September 23, 2018Solo yachtsman Abhilash Tomy is stranded 3,200km off Perth and is immobilised, unable to eat or drink.
- British 'pharmacist who joined IS' is detained in Syria September 23, 2018The man, who says he is from Birmingham, has been captured in Syria on suspicion of being an IS member.
- 'Cat Grandpa' goes viral for napping with shelter pets September 23, 2018Photographs of Terry Laurmen, 75, napping with his furry friends have been shared thousands of times.
- Will there be another surgical strike? Here's what Army chief said September 23, 2018
- Police: Maoist rebels fatally shoot Indian lawmaker September 23, 2018At least 40 Maoist rebels were involved in the attack on Kidari Sarveshwara Rao, an Andhra Pradesh state assembly member from the ruling Telugu Desam party, according to Visakhapatanam district police superintendent Rahul Dev Sharma.
- Manohar Parrikar to continue as Goa CM: Amit Shah September 23, 2018
- World’s biggest heath insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat is not on the basis of caste or community: PM Modi September 23, 2018
- Terrorist killed in encounter in J&K's Pulwama district September 23, 2018
- Nun asked to stay away from church duties after taking part in protest against 'rapist' bishop September 23, 2018
- Modi gave poor right to live with dignity: Shah September 23, 2018Hailing the launch of an ambitious health insurance scheme by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as historic, BJP president Amit Shah Sunday said the government has given the poor the right to live with dignity with its various schemes.
- J&K encounter: One terrorist killed in Pulwama September 23, 2018
- PM Modi rolls out 'game-changer' PMJAY-Ayushman Bharat scheme September 23, 2018"PMJAY-Ayushman Bharat is the biggest government-sponsored healthcare scheme in the world. The number of beneficiaries is almost equal to the population of Canada, Mexico and the US taken together," Modi said.
- Jammu-Srinagar national highway closed after landslide in Ramban district September 23, 2018Several parts of the regions have been receiving heavy rainfall since the early hours of Sunday, with many high-altitude areas witnessing their first snowfall of the season.
- Capt Amarinder to hold rally on Badal’s home turf in Lambi’s Killianwali on Oct 7 September 23, 2018Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh will address a rally in Killianwali in Lambi, to take on Parkash Singh Badal over the sacrilege issue on the latter’s home turf, on October 7.
- Punjab CM urges centre for expeditious resolution of Kartarpur corridor issue with Pakistan September 23, 2018FATEHGARH SAHIB/PATIALA: Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has urged the Centre for the expeditious resolution of the issue of the opening up of the Kartarpur corridor for the preparedness of 550th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- Connect Broadband Launches Loyalty Programme for its Patrons September 23, 2018Chandigarh: Connect Broadband, the market leader in wireline and broadband services across Punjab, today announced its loyalty programme “Connect Rewards”, with an aim to recognize and appreciate its customers for every spend they make on the broadband service.
- Punjab Infotech launches three weeks “certificate course in business first portal” September 23, 2018Chandigarh: In a bid to familiarise the entrepreneurs and investors keen in making investments besides assisting new and existing industries in availing various regulatory and fiscal incentives online, the Punjab Infotech in sync with Industries and Commerce Department has launched a three weeks 'Certificate Course in Business First Portal'.
- Indian National Congress wins Zila Parishad and Panchayat Samiti Elections September 23, 2018Chandigarh: The State Election Commission, Punjab today announced the results of 22 Zila Parishad and 150 Panchayat Samitis in the state.
- More than three months on, Jago Songhai murder accused still at large September 23, 2018Nurmahal: More than three months after the crime, the Nurmahal police have failed to arrest the accused murdering ex-sarpanch of a village.
- Unidentified booked for stealing cash, jewelry September 23, 2018Nurmahal: The Bilga police have booked unidentified persons on the charge of stealing cash and jewelry from a house.
- Drug peddler arrested under NDPS Act September 23, 2018Nakodar: The Mehat Pur police have arrested a drug peddler on the charge of selling intoxicant tablets. Investigating officer (IO)Nirmal Singh said that 125 intoxicant tablets were recovered from the possession of the accused identified as Randhir Singh a resident of Baloki village.
- Woman among three of family booked for assaulting woman, September 23, 2018Shahkot: The Shahkot police have booked three members of a family s including a woman of charges of assaulting a woman.
- Vacant government land in Jalandhar to be spruced up through plantation under MGNREGA September 23, 2018Jalandhar: In a noble initiative under ‘Tandarust Punjab Mission’, the district administration has decided to spruce up the vacant government land in the villages by initiating major plantation campaign under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Scheme.
- Fourth shark, measuring 3.7m, killed after Cid Harbour attacks September 23, 2018Another tiger shark is captured in drumlines and killed off the coast of North Queensland where a young girl and woman were mauled by sharks.
- Swarm of bees crash NSW's one-day cup match against Victoria September 23, 2018No rain or storms stop play at North Sydney Oval — but a swarm of bees sends NSW and Victoria diving for cover during a domestic one-day cup match.Timothy Fernandez
- Needles found in WA strawberries sold in New Zealand September 23, 2018A major New Zealand supermarket chain pulls a brand of Australian strawberries off its shelves after needles were found in a punnet sourced from Western Australia.