- How the global trade in tear gas is booming December 16, 2018In the last decade, there has been a rising use of tear gas by security forces around the world.
- How a South African shepherd found a dinosaur graveyard December 16, 2018Dumangwe Thyobeka made a huge fossil find as he was tending to his family cemetery in rural South Africa.
- How a country suddenly went ‘crazy rich’ December 16, 2018Indonesia, the nation with the world's largest Muslim population, has a rapidly growing middle class - and some very rich people with money to burn.
- Russia-Ukraine sea clash leaves Mariupol port deserted December 16, 2018A vast trading port in Ukraine lies mostly empty, after a sea-clash when Russia seized three boats.
- Cyclone Owen downgraded, but could reform off Queensland December 15, 2018Cyclone Owen has been downgraded to a tropical low, but storm and flood warnings remain in place.
- Ukraine Orthodox priests establish independent Church December 15, 2018The move has angered the Russian Orthodox Church, which fears its property in Ukraine could be seized.
- Climate change: COP24 deal to bring Paris pact to life December 15, 2018Nearly 200 nations agree rules on implementing 2015 Paris agreement at UN climate talks in Poland.
- Ryan Zinke: US interior secretary to leave administration December 15, 2018Former Navy Seal Ryan Zinke has been embroiled in a series of alleged ethics violations.
- France 'yellow vest' protesters defy government to gather December 15, 2018Dozens are arrested across France, as fewer protesters than in recent weeks defy the government.
- Egypt: 'One of a kind' tomb found in Saqqara December 15, 2018The tomb, filled with hieroglyphs and statues, has been untouched for 4,440 years.
- Rafale verdict: Centre asks SC to correct reference to ‘CAG report’ December 16, 2018
- Legislators defy Kushwaha, say they will stay with NDA December 15, 2018RLSP Chief Reaches Out To Congress
- NGT gives go ahead to reopen Sterlite TN plant December 15, 2018A bench headed by NGT chairperson A K Goel directed the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) to issue a fresh order of "renewal of consent" and authorization to handle "hazardous substances", subject to appropriate conditions for environmental protection, within three weeks from Saturday.
- 7 civilians die trying to stop J&K enconter, 3 Hizbul men also killed December 15, 2018
- India, France review Jaitapur N-plant progress December 15, 2018Indo-Pacific and civil nuclear energy dominated discussions between French foreign minister Jean-Yves le Drian and Sushma Swaraj on Saturday. The two leaders reviewed the status of the European Pressurised Reactor project in Jaitapur, Maharashtra, and adopted an action plan to provide guidance to the work in the coming months
- Farm loan waiver a necessity: Kamal Nath December 15, 2018
- Congress to announce Chhattisgarh CM today December 15, 2018The decision will be taken in a meeting of the legislature party in Raipur on Sunday, a day after hectic discussions with the four seniors - state president Bhupesh Baghel, TS Singhdeo, Tamradhwaj Sahu and Charan Das Mahant - and the AICC managers. The final race appeared to have state president Bhupesh Baghel as front-runner […]
- Pulwama may make Centre's job tougher December 15, 2018"With a spell of President's rule and then simultaneous Lok Sabha and assembly polls ahead, it appears unlikely that the negative sentiment that is pushing many local youth to militancy, can be turned around soon," said an officer of the central security establishment .
- Kharge says he may request PAC to summon AG, CAG on Rafale December 15, 2018The court verdict on the deal has triggered a firestorm as it mentions that CAG report on Rafale pricing has been submitted and PAC has vetted it, a fact contradicted by all. Congress leader and Public Accounts Committee chairman Mallikarjuna Kharge on Saturday said the panel may summon the AG and the CAG to clarify […]
- Agusta internal audit found end use of Rs 276 cr spent by Christian Michel 'dubious' December 15, 2018The report by AgustaWestland's vice-president (audit), Giorgio Casana, was shared by Italian authorities in their letter rogatory (LR) reply along with hundreds of fax dispatches between Michel and AgustaWestland representatives. When Casana confronted Michel with these "dubious" payments, he gave "false explanations" on the end use of the amount.
- DIPS Haryana's Kuljeet won gold in 64th Punjab Wishu championship. December 14, 2018Student of DIPS School Haryana named Kuljeet won gold in 64th Punjab School Games Wushu State Championship. This competition was held at Nawanshahar. More than 30 schools participated in different age and weight category. Student of DIPS Hariana Kuljeet Bartia participated in U17, -75 Kg weight category and won the gold medal.He is selected for National level […]
- Additional Deputy Commissioner Himanshu Aggarwal launches NABARD Potential linked plan of Rs. 13120 Crore for Amritsar District December 14, 2018Additional Deputy Commissioner Himanshu Aggarwal launched Potential Linked Credit Plan (PLP) document prepared by NABARD for total outlay Rs. 13120 Crore for Amritsar district. The PLP was launched at District Consultative Committee at Amritsar. This PLP document covers the potential credit areas under the Priority sector. The PLP outlay has been increased by approx. 4.2% from last year potential […]
- Punjab CM appeals to all political parties not to hold conferences at Shaheedi Jor Mel December 14, 2018Keeping in view the sanctity of the Shaheedi Jor Mel, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Friday appealed to all political parties not to hold any political conferences during the event.
- 75th anniversary of proclamation of provisional government of Azad Hind observed in city December 14, 2018The 75th anniversary of proclamation of the Provisional Government of Azad hind by great national hero Subhas chander Bose was observed with great patriotic fervour by the National Martyrs Memorial Committee in an impressive function at the local HMV college.
- Punjab CM assures house of early resolution of issue of potato price fluctuation December 14, 2018Showing deep concern over the falling prices of Potato crop, the Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Friday assured the House to address this issue on priority, thus expressing his Government’s complete solidarity with the distressed potato growers.
- Health team takes 20 samples of milk and other products December 14, 2018In its bid to check the adulteration, a team of health department on Friday conducted sampling of milk and various food products in the district and took 20 samples.
- Capt Amarinder leads house in passing resolution seeking 33% Reservation for women in Parliament & Assemblies December 14, 2018Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Friday moved a resolution urging the Centre to enact Women's Reservation Bill to provide 33% reservation for women in both Parliament and State Legislative Assemblies.
- Mahila congress leader ran away with meter seized by enforcement December 14, 2018A high drama was witnessed in Nurmahal on Thursday when a Mahila congress leader ran away with an electric meter seized by enforcement wing of the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited.
- Villager acquitted of drug peddling charge December 14, 2018Jalandhar additional district and sessions judge Hira Singh Gill has acquitted Nirmal Singh a resident of Tut Kalan village of drug peddling charge. The court said the prosecution has failed to prove the charge against Singh.
- Electricity Generation by Thermal Power Utilities in India from 2010-11 to 2016-17 December 14, 2018India has witnessed an upward trend in Electricity Generation by Thermal Power Utilities during 2010-11 to 2016-17. We have seen a compound annual growth rate of 5.91% in Electricity Generation by Thermal Power Utilities in India from 2010-11 to 2016-17,said a report by Ministry of Coal and Power which has been posted on website,data.gov.in. It said […]
- Police scour NT by helicopter and boat after three fail to return from fishing trip December 16, 2018A search-and-rescue effort is underway to locate three people who failed to return from a Northern Territory fishing trip on Friday afternoon.Alexia Attwood
- Why the status of Jerusalem matters December 15, 2018As Australia weighs in on one of the world's hardest foreign policy questions, it's worth asking why countries don't already acknowledge Jerusalem as Israel's capital, writes Middle East correspondent Eric Tlozek.Eric Tlozek
- Facebook post thanking truckie for guiding couple through north Qld rain goes viral December 15, 2018Emily Clarke wrote the message on Facebook after driving through what they say was "one of the most severe storms" in Proserpine. Her post thanking "Footie" the truck driver has since been shared more than 10,000 times.Melanie Vujkovic