SANJHI AWAAZ is Punjabi radio station based in Melbourne (Australia) providing latest nws from all over in the Melbourne VIC (AUS) and across the world online.
- Sudan military and civilians sign deal to end deadly turmoil July 17, 2019The military and protesters agree a three-year transition to civilian rule to end the deadly crisis.
- Turkey journalists and activist acquitted of terrorism charges July 17, 2019The defendants, who worked for a Kurdish paper, had been charged with making terrorist propaganda.
- US House condemns Trump attacks on congresswomen as racist July 17, 2019The vote - which divided the House along partisan lines - denounced the president's tweets as racist.
- India building collapse: Rescuers form human chain to search for Mumbai survivors July 17, 2019Rescuers are being hampered by narrow lanes at the site of a deadly building collapse.
- Elon Musk reveals brain-hacking plans July 17, 2019Start-up NeuraLink wants to start testing its human computer interface on humans.
- Data of 'nearly all adults' in Bulgaria stolen July 17, 2019A hacker targeted the Balkan country's tax agency and reportedly offered local media access to stolen data.
- SeaWorld hits back in Virgin Holidays whale tourism row July 17, 2019The US theme park defends its record after Virgin Holidays stops selling tickets to its attractions.
- Rohingya crisis: US imposes sanctions on top Myanmar generals July 17, 2019Rohingya Muslims are still being targeted by the military, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says.
- Australia calls on China to allow Uighur mother and son's travel July 17, 2019The request follows pleas by an ethnically Uighur Australian to be reunited with his wife and son.
- Former US Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens dies July 17, 2019He led the court's liberal wing and wrote more dissenting opinions than any justice in US history.
- Cabinet approves Rs 330 crore for unpaid employees of three pharma PSUs July 17, 2019
- Pakistan must review Kulbhushan Jadhav's death sentence, rules ICJ July 17, 2019In a major victory for India, the International Court of Justice has ruled that Pakistan must review the death sentence for Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, who has been sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court. Jadhav, 49, a retired Indian Navy officer, was sentenced to death by the Pakistani military court on charges of […]
- ICJ stays Kulbhushan Jadhav's death sentence: Who said what July 17, 2019
- Short circuit led to fire on board under-construction warship at MDL July 17, 2019
- Railways plans to invest in infrastructure to reduce travel time of Mumbai, Howrah Rajdhani trains July 17, 2019The railways is planning to bring down travel time of Rajdhani trains on the busy Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Howrah routes by over three hours with an investment of about Rs 14,000 crore in infrastructure, railway minister Piyush Goyal informed Parliament on Wednesday.
- Sushma, Chidambaram hail ICJ verdict on Kulbhushan Jadhav July 17, 2019
- ICJ rules in favour of India in Kulbhushan Jadhav case: Key points of verdict July 17, 2019
- HC convicts one in British teenager Scarlett Keeling death case July 17, 2019Bombay HC's Goa bench has convicted Samson D'Souza in the 2008 British teenager Scarlett Eden Keeling death case, overturning his acquittal by the trial court. Scarlett was found dead with bruises on her body at Anjuna beach in Goa on February 18, 2008. Two locals, Samson D'Souza and Placido Carvalho, were accused of leaving her […]
- US welcomes Kartarpur Corridor between India, Pakistan July 17, 2019The US has welcomed building of the landmark Kartarpur Corridor between India and Pakistan to facilitate visa-free travel of Sikh pilgrims, saying the Trump administration is "incredibly supportive" of anything that increases people-to-people ties between the two neighbours.
- MGNREGA should not continue forever: Tomar July 17, 2019
- 'Please reply': 50-year-old message in a bottle found in sand dunes July 17, 2019A decades-old message in a bottle is found by a young boy during a fishing trip with his dad on a remote South Australian beach. Now, the search is on for its author.
- Home ownership continues to fall as the great Australian dream gets more distant for many July 17, 2019A new ABS study has found that while housing affordability has not changed much in 20 years, rates of home ownership have fallen to the lowest level since its survey started.Stephen Letts
- Aged care inquiry hears of grandfather sick of sitting in his own faeces July 17, 2019The standard of care provided to an elderly man, often found in soiled pants, at a regional Queensland aged care facility was so appalling even his own granddaughter was too distressed to visit, the royal commission into aged care hears.Jesse Thompson